Monday, July 12, 2010

The Holy Spirit can speak all languages

Last night was soooo refreshing and needed! These past couple weeks have been really tough. I think God has been really teaching me certain things and He's not afraid to let me be pushed and pressed. . . like a tube of toothpaste... when I'm squeezed what's gonna come out? I tried to push through. I've been praying and fighting to hold things together. . . on the outside I think it's been ok (no one else seemed to notice). But on the inside, it's been a challenging fight. Bitterness had definitely crept in and I felt very dry and running on empty. I think most of my team has been feeling the same way, so we've kind of been fueling each other on in our frustrations . . . nice to have support but probably not the best to move forward. We all recognized it and we tried to encourage better attitudes in each other and we prayed every morning together to be free from this and to bless those whom we felt we had frustration toward... yet we just could not kick it. Saturday I was asking God a lot of questions and went to bed feeling defeated and joyless. Sunday night God responded and I went to bed having tasted freedom, a release of so many burdens and had joy and passion restored and increasing. Thank you Jesus!
Having finished working over fifty hours again this week. . . early morning music practice, another church service, setting up and cleaning and sanitizing the whole church for the summer camp-- I was exhausted Sunday evening and DID NOT want to go to another church service that night. . . especially one that was in another language!
But I had to. . . and I'm so thankful that Leanne and I went. The Brazilian Foursquare Church had a visiting youth missions team from Brocton, Massachusetts ministering tonight. They had come up for a few days to do street evangelism in their community. Again because they all spoke Portuguese in the service, Leanne and I did not understand anything. But, wow the Holy Spirit sure speaks the same language! We couldn't join in on much of the singing (first led by the church team (adults)), but we could in the dancing (there's always so much freedom in dance!) The pastor spoke and then he invited his youth band to come and lead in worship. There was such an anointing on these kids. God's presence was tangibly felt in that room. They were so sincere worshiping (beautiful hearts). Again, I did not know what they were singing, but I felt compelled to pray. I then began to pray for cleansing and sanctification of Canada. Seconds after that, I overheard a lady beside me translate to Leanne that they were now praying for that very thing! So yes, the Holy Spirit speaks a beautiful language understood by all tongues. But this is what really got me: they brought out a large Canada flag and the congregation flooded to the front. They reached out to touch the flag and began interceding for Canada! I was so moved because here are mostly people native from Brazil praying for their new home country and a group of youth from the US who had never visited Canada before, now weeping for our nation before the Lord! I feel alive whenever I intercede for Canada. Freedom came at this point.
Joy came as we talked for hours with these youth. They are awesome! It's so inspiring to see kids so pure and passionate about Jesus and missions. This ministered so much to my dry and worn-out spirit. Thank you Jesus that where the Spirit of the Lord is there is freedom and the Joy of the Lord is our strength!

No comments:

Post a Comment